*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost Wife

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by T.K., Jan 12, 2022.

1. T.K.

T.K. Member

My wife of 26 years passed away Sept. 3rd 2021. I have been her caregiver for the last 9 yrs. She was the love of my life. She has always encouraged me in everything I have done.

I have been told that grief is like a rollercoaster. You have ups and downs. Very true. I want to share something with you all that has helped me. My wife and I have been Christians all of our married life. We have had our favorite song "I'll Be Waiting On The Far Side Banks Of Jordan" by Johnny and June Cash. That has been our song that whoever would go first they would be waiting on the far side banks of Jordan.

About a week after her passing I was turning the channel on the t.v. and happened to stop on RFD channel.
    A singer, Daniel O'Donnell, said That he was going to do his Gospel number for the night. It was "The Far Side Banks Of Jordan". I chose to believe that it was the Lords way of saying to me that she is Home and waiting for us to be together again in Glory. What are the odds out of all the Gospel songs that are out there, that is the one sang. It was the Lord. Thxs

Patti 67, quietlady53, Rose69 and 7 others like this.
  2. T.K.

T.K. Member

Thank you.

3. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

TK, what a beautiful story. Thank you so much for sharing. I’m a firm believer in signs or visits from our loved ones. And the power of prayer and I agree, what are the chances of that song at that very moment as you went through the channels. I’m so sorry for the loss of your wife. And grief is very much like a roller coaster. Peaks and valleys if you will. I lost my husband Ron 3 years ago very suddenly to a heart attack. Taken in 2 hours. So different from your loss. He was/is my everything. Married 41 years. We spoke often of sending messages to who ever was here mourning. I have received many. The first being the next day after he passed. He presented himself to me. Right next to me. As if to say, I’m still with you and I’m healthy, I’m here for you. Messages come in many ways. That was a special message for you. I love it. Remember to take care of yourself. You’re important. Your wife would want that for you.
    ❤️ Robin

Rose69, 1guy, Patti 61 and 2 others like this.
  4. T.K.

T.K. Member

Thank you so much for your reply. God Bless

Rose69 and Patti 61 like this.
  5. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

I lost my husband last year too, Nov 2021. I'm very sorry you lost your wife. Your story sends good chills up my spine. I truly believe it was sent by God the Divine Creator, or maybe your wife sent you a sign that's she's at home. I truly believe our love ones watch over us.
    It is odd that that particular song came up, it had to be a sign for you. Blessings, Karen

Rose69, Patti 61 and DEB321 like this.
  6. T.K.

T.K. Member

Thank you so much, God Bless

Patti 61 likes this.
  7. Patti 61

Patti 61 Guest

Hi T.K,
    Sorry for loss of your precious wife. God Bless you for being
    caregiver for your Mrs.
    My name is Patti, my husband name is Jack.God called my
    dear husband to Heaven 11-7-16 after 24 years of Parkinson’s.
    I totally cared for Jack day and night his last nine years.
    Forever he is love of my life. We were blessed, wed 61 years,
    he was God’s gift to me. It took me couple years to look
    for a support group on line, it was a blessing to find GIC.
    Lifting you in prayer along with all of us here,
    Blessings to you and all my GIC (TGW)friends here.
    Patti
    p.s. Lou praying that you are greatly improved from
    the virus. We all miss you.Sending big hug along with
    all other TGW friends.

Rose69, cjpines and DEB321 like this.
  8. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

T.K.,

I'm so very sorry for your loss. The ninth month anniversary of my husband, Bob's death, was yesterday. I definitely believe that hearing that song,right at that moment, was a sign from God, or as Karen said, maybe from your wife. I've received signs from Bob too. I know that your wife, Robin's husband, Ron, Karen's husband, Jack, Patti's husband, Jack, and Bob are watching over us. I believe that everyone's one true love of their lives is watching over them. Thank you for sharing such a sad..., but very special, beautiful moment with us...

I'm way beyond exhausted both emotionally and physically, so stopping here. I just want you to know how glad I am you found us, but so sorry you had to. I hope you'll stick around, give us a chance to get to "know" you, and you a chance to get to "know" us. The support we give each other is the absolute best!!! It's a wonderful place to visit if you need/want to "talk," "listen" to others' stories, or get some advice. However, if the advice you're given doesn't work for you, it's okay. You can take it or leave it. We won't be offended. This site is a totally judgement free. It has become my safe place to come to. I hope it will become your safe place too.

Sending you hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

9. T.K.

T.K. Member

Deb. Thank you and all here for your support. you are all a Blessing from God

Patti 61 likes this.
  10. csmith532

csmith532 Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing. My wife passed late October and I have had similar experiences and I also believe they are signs of our loved ones.

-Chad

11. T.K.

T.K. Member

Thank you. My wife had a saying in times of trials she would always say,"we,ll get through this". and we will.

12. T.K.

T.K. Member

Brother, could you share with me about your loss? God Bless

Patti 61 likes this.
  13. csmith532

csmith532 Well-Known Member

I loss my Lizzy on October 29, 2021. She got severe sepsis and went into sepric shock. She did have some illness before this but she wasn't on her death so to me this sudden and a shock. I took her to the hospital about a week and before she passed. She was complaining about a pain in her shoulder the day before but thought she just needed rest. The next day she couldn't stand or speak, I called 911 immediately. Some days I am not even sure how I am still here, I feel so lost and broken, like a child who doesn't know what to do but weep. I know she would want me to try and be healthy and happy so I tell myself every day. That has been keeping going so far. But it's still so painful. Happiness doesn't even seem possible but I will continue trying for my Lizzy.

-Chad

14. T.K.

T.K. Member

Chad, So sorry for your lose. I feel such a spiritual connection with all of you and I thank God for each of you.This is such a beautiful place to share and lift others up. You are so right. your wife would not want you to just walk around lost. I know that my wife doesn't want me doing that, but I have. I have even asked the Lord to go ahead and take me home so that I could be with her again. He told me that I still had things to do here. Know that you and all the others are in my Prayers. God Bless ...Terry

Rose69, Patti 61 and csmith532 like this.
  15. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

T.K. I've told the Lord I'm ready to go and be with Jack, my husband, and my son, Allan. Answer was buy a new bible with red and black letters, the red will be ME and read one scripture every day.
    So, today I will buy a new bible. My first and last bible was when I was 7. My Grandma was a Sunday School Teacher and she bought one bible for me and my sister. I haven't read it in years due to the fact the print is so tiny my eyes hurt, so I stored it away. I will get one with large print. Thank you God.
    Maybe this will renew my faith which has been faulty since Jack died.
    Thank you for reading T.K. always blessings, Karen

Patti 67, Rose69, 1guy and 2 others like this.
  16. T.K.

T.K. Member

Karen, I don't mean to be preachy, but there is always a reason that things happen. Sometimes we just don't know the answers yet...Terry

17. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

Hi Terry. I’m very sorry for your loss. I’m sorry it’s taken me so long to greet you. My name is Gary and I lost my girlfriend Cheryl suddenly and unexpectedly from a cardiac arrest 5/7/21. Cheryl had no health issues and there were no warning signs. Obstructive sleep apnea caused the cardiac arrest. To say I went into shock and stayed there is a total understatement. Cheryl and I had the best times of our lives together. The first four months after losing Cheryl I wondered if I could keep going but I did. This has been a roller coaster ride with many lows and a few highs. In person grief support meetings counseling reading books on grief are all good but nothing matches the intimate friendships I’ve found on GIC. Centersforloss.com has some free info. If you check it out read the article “6 needs of reconciliation for the Mourner”. This will jumpstart your grief journey as to what to expect from yourself and other people. And it explains the healing process. A lot of us have read the book Permission to Mourn by Tom Zuba. This has helped me tremendously how to become aware of the non physical presence of my beloved Cheryl. I love the song story you shared too. Stay connected with us. I’m glad you’re here. Gary

Rose69, Patti 61 and Breathe Gg like this.
  18. T.K.

T.K. Member

Gary, Thank you for the greet and share. I am a pastor and I have heard people say that you are suppose to be strong. I tell them yes I am a pastor, still human. I read some grief books by Kenneth C. Haugk, "Journeying through Grief". I am so blessed to have found you all, thank you so much. Terry

Patti 61 likes this.
  19. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

Terry I’m sorry you had to hear that inconsiderate comment. I had to go to Cheryl’s previous employer and one of her coworkers asked how Cheryl died. When I told them it was a cardiac arrest they smiled and said and Cheryl used to warn me about eating cheese burgers and fries. The people at GIC “get it”. We know how grief is so misunderstood in our society. I can think of only 5 people outside GIC I can talk to about my grief. My problem is I can’t control my emotions when I’m talking to someone about Cheryl. I found a really good therapist at Visiting Nurses where I go to grief support meetings. And its free. But having close friends at GIC is priceless. Gary

Patti 61 likes this.
  20. T.K.

T.K. Member

Amen, I understand about your emotions. When I talk about Mary everything bubbles up. I do hae my mentor in Az. who helps greatly.