*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost my only daughter. She was 20 years old

Discussion in 'Loss of Adult Child' started by Jdcarlyon, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Jdcarlyon

Jdcarlyon New Member

My first born and only daughter passed away on May 25, 2019. She was diagnosed with Postpartum Cardiomyopathy which basically means that giving birth destroyed her heart. She was perfectly healthy before giving birth. She had a son on March 28, 2018. She brought him home from the hospital on Good Friday and by Easter Sunday was back in the hospital for her heart. We're talking breathing tubes, etc. Very serious.
    She struggled with the condition for a year until her other organs starting shutting down. There was much talk about heart transplants during this year. A lot of long hospital stays.
    Even though I knew how serious her condition was, I never really thought that she would actually die. She was 20 years old!
    I am shattered. I can barely work or do anything else. I actually watched my child die right before my eyes and it is all I can think about.
    I have been diagnosed with PTSD and anxiety. I can't stop thinking about her last moments.
    I feel like I will never be normal again. Everyone else has moved on with their lives and I just can't. I don't know what to do.

2. Debra P

Debra P New Member

Hello. First, my condolences. I know how very broken you feel. I too lost my only daughter in April of 2016. I still don't know how I've gotten from that day to here and now. I relive her loss several times a day, every day. I have also been diagnosed with PTSD and Anxiety. My daughters passing was by accident, she had just turned 19 in March. It's incredibly lonely without her here. I wish there were some words of comfort that I could extend to you, there is no devastation greater than losing a child. I am new here, but I am willing to talk and to listen if you need a friend. Hugs from another grieving mother.

griefic likes this.