*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost my life.

Discussion in 'Dealing With Multiple Losses' started by Cindy66, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Cindy66

Cindy66 New Member

Hello, I am very glad to have found this site and hope to continue my healing here. I lost most of my family before I turned 50. I lost my sister Shari to cancer in July of 2011, My husband died of cancer in October of 2012, Then lost my mother to liver disease in October of 2015, and my brother to a sudden death in August of 2016. Righ before all of this I also lost my grandmother right after my husband was diagnosed. So....it's alot to handle in the chaos of grief and loss, but I made promises to live and try to do that every day. Love and healing to you all !

APurpleReign likes this.
  2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Cindy, we're so glad to have you here. I'm so sorry for all that you've had to experience. That is so much for any person to have to deal with and I truly admire and applaud your outlook and perspective. In the midst of this chaos it's sometimes the only thing we do get to control (and even that isn't always easy!). I've included an article here from our blog regarding multiple losses and I'm hoping it can be some comfort to you: https://www.griefincommon.com/blog/multiple-losses-how-to-cope-with-loss-change/. In the meanwhile, thanks for joining us. I hope you can find some of the support and comfort you need.

Cindy66 likes this.
  3. Sciguy

Sciguy Well-Known Member

Welcome - even if none of us wants a reason to be here. Sorry to to hear all you have endured over the years. I hope you find this site helpful.

4. Cindy66

Cindy66 New Member

Thank you for this, I lost 2 family members ( my dad and another sister) early in my adulthood as well. 8 of my core family members are gone and I only have one sister left. It is very hard for both of us.

5. angel instincts

angel instincts New Member

Hi Cindy, Im sorry to hear of your losses. I can certainly relate. (I'm brand new to the site, btw). I have lost almost all of my family. But the most recent 2 deaths were at the same time, and they were my niece and nephew killed in a car accident, because someone ran a red light.
    Good luck and best wishes- I try to remember that I am still here, hopefully for a good reason, and I don't want to take that for granted.