*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost my aunt who was my biggest support

Discussion in 'Suicide Loss' started by GrievingNiece, Feb 10, 2022.

1. GrievingNiece

GrievingNiece New Member

My aunt took her life just a little over 24 hours ago. I’m having trouble coming to terms with this. The person I confided in, who helped me through my darkest days, the woman I loved with my whole heart…I keep wanting to call her crying and tell her what happened and how I’m feeling and I can’t. None of my friends understand this pain. My husband has seen so much of it from his time in the military that he is numb to it and doesn’t know how to support me. I need somebody I can talk to on a regular basis. Please…I am so lost right now.

2. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry to hear that you have lost your dear aunt and strong source of support. I understand the feeling of wanting to call her to tell her what happened.
    I just lost a dear friend to Covid, and I had the same feeling of wanting to contact her to tell her what happened. Your sharing this has made my feelings more understandable. Before I read what you said, I thought it was kind of strange for me to want to tell her when she is the one who is gone.
    Thank you for sharing your honest feelings.
    I am here for you and know how devastating a suicide is. I care about you, and I am sorry we didn't see this sooner and that no one had responded to you until now.
    Please continue to share as you feel led. Even though others may want to help you, including your husband, they just don't know how. You will find people here who understand and care.
    Take care of yourself. I will be looking for you to respond and let us know how you are managing with such a difficult situation.
    Chris