*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost Husband of 56 years

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by SusanMc8, May 17, 2021.

1. SusanMc8

SusanMc8 Well-Known Member

My husband of 56 years died suddenly four months ago - some days are better than others but most days I am a mess. It just hurts so bad and so many things bring me to tears. I can’t imagine going on living with the pain that I’m in. I have support from my large family and friends. I keep busy but every time I walk back into my home it hits me again. We had a good marriage and I have so much to be thankful for. Will I eventually feel better?

2. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

I thank God you have a strong support system of family and friends. Try to draw strength from them as much as is possible.

SusanMc8 likes this.
  3. Helena Beatriz

Helena Beatriz Well-Known Member

4. Helena Beatriz

I know exactly how you feel, I loss my husband of 50 years over two weeks ago, some days I keep busy, but the mayority of days I am like a zombie, not knowing what to do. My family lives a few hundred miles away, I'm mourning all alone, not even a hug for my pain, my sixteen year dog knows that dady is not here anymore.

5. Chris M 2000

I am so sorry to hear that you have had such a great loss and are in such pain with no support. I am sending you a hug and much love. Two weeks ago is such a very short time. You are in the worst of grief right now. If you can just hang on for a while, things will get better than they are now.
    Don't forget to lean on God. He is right there with you and cares about your pain and about your future. The scriptures tell us that His plans for our future are good and for a hope. Hang onto that hope-you really need it right now.
    I care about you. You are not alone. Please stay in touch here. I will look for your reply.
    Love,
    Chris

Patti 61 likes this.
  6. Helena Beatriz

Thank for your support, seems like only people that have experience a loss of a love one understands our grievance, it is so hard, too hard to eat or sleep, I'm sure that eventually I will understand that I'm alone and try to get strong.

7. Chris M 2000

I understand how difficult it is for you at this time.
    Try to take good care of yourself so that when you begin to get better, you will still have your health. Get outside tomorrow to get fresh air and take a short walk, if only for a few minutes.
    I pray you will be able to get some sleep and rest tonight.
    Chris

8. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member

Hi Helena,
    If you look at the “Loss of a Spouse” Discussion there are a bunch of us who check in pretty regularly. We’d happily welcome you there if you’re interested. It’s a rough time without our partners, learning to live our daily lives without them.
    ~Bernadine

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  9. Chris M 2000

Thank you, Bernadine, for responding to this need.