*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost a loved one to an overdose

Discussion in 'Loss from Substance Abuse' started by Emily19, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Emily19

Emily19 New Member

I lost my brother to an overdose close to Christmas this past year. He suffered from addiction but to my knowledge had been clean. I never knew for sure until we got the toxicology report he was using heroin. I can’t say I didn’t have suspicions. When I approached him & his girlfriend/baby mama for lack of a better term would tell me I was crazy. “We don’t do drugs” he never admitted or felt he had a problem. She’s now tells me his doctor retired and he wasn’t able to get his regular pain medicine for his back pain. I don’t know who to believe. I don’t know who to trust. I’ve moved in with them and don’t think she’s using. I’m sad all of the time and feel extremely bad for my 9 year old nephew. I cry daily, I have a hard time concentrating at work because all I do is think about what I could’ve done differently. I just keep going through the motions of angry then sad. I wish I could make this pain stop! I lost him and then life literally stopped. The return to work and some normalcy after this pandemic has brought my grieving back on hard. I’m just looking for ways to cope seeing if anyone can relate. Thanks