*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Loss of spouse/ please read!

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by iamliv, Aug 18, 2021.

1. iamliv

iamliv Member

PLEASE READ

My name is Olivia. I am 25 years old and a mother of 3. I lost my Husband this past March. Losing a spouse/significant other is a pain that is so unbearable. I have tried to read books, I tried therapy, and I even tried to meditate. I felt like none of these things were helping me. I tried using this live chat support but it didn't help so much. Yes, there were people who lost their spouse but, suicide; my god is a whole other thing itself. There is nights were I can't shut my brain off and the what if's pop in my head or did I miss signs or was there anything that I could've done to change things. My therapist said to me, you can't keep on living with this pain and you have to accept that theres nothing you could do to bring him back. REALITY is he is gone for good. I feel as though the only way that I could get thru this was finding other people in the same situation as me. In the end I feel in my heart what will help me learn to tolerate the pain I feel is to help others and let others help me. I created an email: allinthistogethergrp@yahoo.com and I want to everyone who sees this and wants to either just share their story to send me an email. I will respond to everyone, once I get a good volume of people we can set up like a free zoom meeting and all share and be there for one another because truth be told we all are feeling the same thing. There would be nothing more healing to just have people who care and understand you. I know that no matter what we will still have this lifetime pain but you know what I will be there for any of ya'll. I hope you all reach out! Hope to hear from ya'll soon.

OLIVIA

2. Dixie2009

Dixie2009 New Member

Hi Olivia
    I lost my husband on Friday July 23rd—-we were talking about when he might get to come home and I told him that we would probably be in the hospital until the following Monday. We were looking forward to him coming home and recovering. No sooner than I stood up to help him pull the blanket up I realized that he was having trouble breathing and then he was gone.
    I really cannot comprehend that me husband is gone. During the day I’m good because I can keep my self busy but night time really gets to me. I understand your sorrow and hurt. I have 1 daughter and 6 grandchildren who do not understand why their paw paw is not here anymore. It’s really heartbreaking to see them look for him. I am always available to listen.

3. bryen87

bryen87 New Member

Hi Olivia and Dixie,

I am sorry we all understand this pain. I found my wife to be at home dead and i feel like my soul is just endlessly searching for her. She loved me unconditionally and I just feel so lost and alone without her. Anyway. Thank you for reaching out. I'm here to listen as well.

Bryen

4. 10tweets

10tweets New Member

5. 10tweets

10tweets New Member

I lost my husband August 7. He died of having a Cortizone shot that went bad. Should never of happened. He was in the hospital for two months and all sorts of mistakes were made which led to one thing after another. We really thought we were going to be able to see save him.My four children and myself were constant advocates for him. I have 11 grandchildren and they all miss bumpa as they called him by that name. It’s been two months and I just am so depressed and missing so much. We were married for 59 years. I don’t know what to do. My children are there for me. But it’s so hard. People sayIn time it will get better. But I don’t have a lot of time. I am 82

6. Cinder

Cinder New Member

7. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Hi Dixie2009,
    The love of my life passed unexpectedly on the 4th. I've been working and trying to stay busy. You're correct the evenings and weekends are very hard. I thought I was starting to get a handle of things, meanwhile riding the roller coaster. Then this past week I seem to no longer be able to concentrate on anything. I feel like what once was will never be. Then I start to think why I'm I even trying. Doc started me on antidepressants this week. I'm hoping in time they'll help. I just feel like who cares? I'm so sorry for your loss too sweetie. I don't know why this happens to good people. :-( thanks for listening.