*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Loss of my 22 year old daughter

Discussion in 'Loss of Adult Child' started by Honey, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Honey

Honey New Member

Hi,

I've recently joined. Four years ago, I lost my daughter. It's difficult to talk to family and friends because they don't know (not would I want them to know) the deep sadness I feel. It's hard when someone asks "how many children do you have?" I don't go out much anymore because I feel that I can't relate to other moms the way I used to.

2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Honey, I'm so sorry for your loss. While others may expect us to move on, especially as time goes by, I don't think there is any amount of time that can truly heal a loss so big. I think we choose to spend time with people because we feel connected, and we feel we have things in common. But once a loss happens that can all change. Though we hope it doesn't define us, there is no doubt that a significant loss changes us greatly, and we may no longer feel we "fit" where we did before. If you need to step away from socializing with other moms, I think that's okay. That may be just what you need right now. It's really the reason this site was created in the first place. Grievers want to connect with other grievers. At this point in your life it may be the one thing that matters most - finding someone who gets it. I do hope you can find that here along with some support and comfort. I'm glad you've found us and I truly wish you peace and healing in the days ahead~

Honey likes this.