*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Loss of Granddaddy

Discussion in 'Finding it Difficult to Move Foward' started by Hope Manley, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Hope Manley

Hope Manley New Member

I lost my dad 7 months ago. He was not very active in my life until the last 10 years and I am 45. I loved my dad, and it still hurt when I lost him to cancer. My grandparents mostly raised me. My Mema passed almost 22 years ago, and I think I just turned all my focus to my Grandaddy. He became sick with pneumonia in October and he passed a week ago. My heart is completely broken. I have my husband, my mom, kids, grandkids. I have a strong support system, but I can't get past the pain. I randomly just start crying. I don't know how to move forward without him. He has been there my whole life, and the only one I could depend on no matter what.

2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Hi Hope, I am so sorry for your loss. There are some people in our life who are so significant that they leave a huge void when they are gone, and if it's only been a few weeks, how are you supposed to know how to go on after losing someone you've had your entire life? I'm glad that you have a good support system but it's still okay to feel lost after losing your go-to person. For some of us it's our parents, some maybe our grandparents, but only a few people give us the feeling of unconditional love and it's a really difficult thing to lose. Take whatever time you need to mourn this loss. Don't feel a need to justify it to yourself or to others. Find patience and understanding as you go through this long process and know that connecting with others can help. I'm glad you've found us and I truly hope we can be a help. Please take care~