*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Loss of daughter

Discussion in 'Loss of Child' started by Clint 71, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Clint 71

Clint 71 New Member

My daughter died suddenly on 10th September, I didn't get the chance to say goodbye and hadn't seen her for a few years. She was 43 years old and I'm totally devastated. I can understand how other people with a loss are suffering.

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  2. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry for your loss. Yes, totally devastated certainly is a good description. People who have not experienced this have no idea what a difficult thing this is to cope with. We need God's strength and healing love to carry us through a time like this and we are here to support in any way we can if it is only by giving you a chance to express your real feelings. We understand those feelings and care about your recovery, no matter how slowly that might be.
    Stay in touch.
    Chris

3. Clint 71

Clint 71 New Member

Thank you so much Chris, that is very kind of you, I don't think recovery is very likely although I think one has to come to terms with it and accept it and hope it gets a bit easier as time passes. I do have three other daughters which helps relieve the pain.

4. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

Hi, Clint. Thanks for your response. By recovery I did not mean you will ever stop grieving the loss of your daughter. We never stop missing them and wishing they were still here. Unfortunately, we have no other choice than to make our minds accept that it has happened. I know so many times I thought to myself, 'I can't believe this has happened to me. It is so horrible. It can't be true.' It gradually becomes less frequent to where it is not occupying our every thought and it is the only thing we think of when we wake up. Having three other daughters is a good distraction and I am sure they very much need you.
    Take comfort in anything you can. Take good care of yourself. Get out and take a walk even if it is only a very short walk. I read that the atmosphere holds things that are good for our bodies.
    We care about you.
    Chris

5. Hopeofpeace

Hopeofpeace New Member

Sorry for your loss. They say time heals all wounds, but I’m here to say, Not when it’s your children. It’s not something you get over but time will help to ease the pain. Your other 3 children also have the pain of loss of a sibling. Maybe have a memory day of good times shared with your 3 children by taking a walk in a park or A nature walk trail. Maybe do this sharing of memories once a month to help you all ease the pain. People don’t understand, by not talking about our loss, it hurts us cause they are still alive in our hearts. I also loss 2 children in a fire it will be 37 years by sept 23rd. I woke up in a nightmare that doesn’t end, don’t know why I lived when it exploded. But I do know when God calls me home, I will be with my boys again. God has a purpose for us as long as we are breathing even we don’t understand. May you find peace in a nature walk of memories.

6. Clint 71

Clint 71 New Member

Yes quite right, something I'll never get over and I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I live on my own so it's a bit harder for me than my daughters as they have their own children and jobs and so are kept busy, I have too much time to think about my loss and have a lot of 'bad' days where I can't help crying. Thank you so much for your kind words and I hope the same for you.

7. Hopeofpeace

Hopeofpeace New Member

I just joined but I felt your pain and had to answer. I’m also on my own, I have a 3rd son who is also busy with job and wife with 3 kids. No time for a handicapped mom. But it’s okay my love is unconditional. All we can do is live each day the best we can, 37 year’s anniversary September 23rd, I still cry like it was yesterday. Just know your not alone in your pain.