*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Loss of boyfriend to overdose.

Discussion in 'Loss from Substance Abuse' started by Dremme, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Dremme

Dremme New Member

Hello.
    My name is Taylor. My boyfriend died about 3 weeks ago to an overdose. I came home from work and found him. I was unaware of his relapse. I've been struggling with how to deal with this sudden loss and trauma. Even our dog is grieving and I don't even know how to handle that.

2. Bdawkins

Bdawkins New Member

Hey Dremme, My husband just passed away as well with a relapse on the 17th. i also found him. i'm not sure if this support group helps or hurts at this point. i started following today and it seems like i have been alittle off my rocker today. my dog seems to be missing him also. i can totally relate. he was my soul mate. i don't even know who i am anymore. i feel empty every day i breathe without him. nothing seems normal. but i know i'm suppose to live my life. i just don't know how. i go to my first therapy session tomorrow i pray that helps somehow. i hope you are seeing someone for your trauma of finding him. :(

3. 54soulmate

54soulmate New Member

Hi my name is Vicki l just lost my boyfriend June 3rd 2 weeks ago to an overdose l founf him the same way you found your boyfriend l came home from work and found him dead he was my soulmate the love of my life l didn't even know he was using heroin how stupid l am l worked 3rd shift at a hospital and slept during the day when l got home from work in the morning he seemed ok but over the last several months l did see a change in him but thought it was depression l never thought he was using heroin of all things he hated it and everything it stood for the pain is devastating l am sorry for your loss l will put you in my prayers