*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Losing my son

Discussion in 'Loss of Child' started by Skyla, Jun 27, 2018.

Tags:
?

Do you really get over the pain

1. No never

13 vote(s)
    81.3%
  2. One day at a time

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Skyla

Skyla New Member

Hello I'm skyla I loss my 21 year old son to murder

2. Sciguy

Sciguy Well-Known Member

I am sorry about the loss of your son - and the way in which he was taken from you.

3. Skyla

Skyla New Member

Ty

4. Jett Indio

Jett Indio Member

Our 30 year old son was murdered June 16 in another state. I feel your pain, Skyla. I take medication to get through the day. I belong to two bereavement groups. The detectives have no clues so far.

5. Saoirse

Saoirse Member

Hi Skyla, Jett and Joan. At a Compassionate Friends Meeting near me, there were other moms who lost their sons to murder. My only child suicided shortly after her fourteenth birthday, but people who knew what she went through think of her death as murder. It’s complicated. At least we’re not left with the questions plaguing many suicide survivors. Still there’s plenty of feelings of guilt and “what ifs”. I was told by “experts” when my daughter was alive that the truth will out... her time ran out first. The moms I met surviving their sons murders and I learned that the legal system is anything but just. Their faith is their salvation some years after loosing their sons. Perhaps my loss is too fresh, but I’ve lost what little faith I had. This world seems crazier than ever. Still, there a good folks out there. Wishing you peace.

6. Saoirse

Saoirse Member

Joan, thank you for clarifying and I’m sorry if I caused you any distress. I initially was replying to Skyla, but added you and Jett since we might be experiencing something similar in grief, regardless of the mode of death. Relationships with surviving family can be hard. May you find the details you’re looking for.