*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Life doesn't choose who to hurt

Discussion in 'Loss of Both Parents' started by Rosie711, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Rosie711

Rosie711 New Member

After losing my father when I was one I was always very confused as to why, if there is a god, would he take away such an amazing man from a little girl, but then I was given a second chance. My mom remarried a man named Joel, and my whole life changed. I absolutely adored Joel and always considered him to be my dad on earth that is here to protect me, but just a month ago he passed away very suddenly and I am not the same girl I was just last month. It's hard not to feel let down being only 19 with both of my dads taken away and having my mom struggle cancer during my childhood. Im alone at college and I feel like no one my age understands. I never talk about my emotions, but Im in a place where I just need someone who understands. If anyone is reading this please message me, I want to hear others stories and help each other heal through this even if we don't know each other.
    -Rosie

2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Rosie, I am so very sorry for your losses. While there is never a good time to lose someone we love, I find a loss at your age to be particularly tough. It's already a time filled with so much change, and searching. It's supposed to be a time of freedom and finding yourself. But if you are struggling with a loss, the isolation you feel could be even greater. Let's face it, for better or worse, there's not a lot of kids your age in your immediate vicinity who are going to understand what you're going through. Finding a network of support is going to be so important and I'm so glad you have reached out to us. There is support to be found here, and we're going to be with you every step of the way. Please keep in touch, check in often, and let us know if you have any questions about the site. Please take care of yourself~