*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Just lost my mum

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Tallulah85, Sep 22, 2021.

1. Tallulah85

Tallulah85 New Member

Last month I lost my mum to cancer. It happened so quick!! We were first told that she could have an operation to get rid of it, then they said she couldn't have any treatment because it wouldn't make her better. 3 months later and she died. I don't even know where to begin to process my grief! She was my safety net, like the one under a tightrope walker, didn't always need it but knew it was there. Now it's gone and I don't know what to do! I've had anxiety for at leather 10 years and right now is playing havoc with me. I practically spend my time in bed anxious about everything, I'm not even eating properly. I just need help processing

2. Jeff K

Jeff K Member

I'm new here too so haven't looked around much, but I see no one has responded to your thread, so I thought I would say something, though I don't know what help I'll be. I lost my spouse so different story. In fact, I was kinda her safety net, which has it's own negatives. I am so used to taking care of her and me and the cats, so I am not having too much trouble functioning day to day. But her absence is more than just her person not being here. That feeling of wanting to take care of her and do stuff for her can no longer be sated.

I know it's been a week since you posted, hopefully you are taking better care of yourself. Seems like making sure to at least eat, and then maybe try not to eat just junk is key I think at the beginning. I actually lost a few pounds (maybe a good trend) from under eating when I lost my wife 5 weeks ago. But, that has gotten better. My wife had anxiety and I get small moments. That can be tough. Another things that helps is talking...even if it's about TV or music. Human contact. Even if just some message boards on these crazy interwebs.