*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Just lost brother after losing husband

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by SusanMc8, May 25, 2021.

1. SusanMc8

SusanMc8 Well-Known Member

My brother died this morning - my husband died suddenly four months ago - my two sisters died in the past few years - two friends died in the past two weeks. I am just overwhelmed with grief.

2. KathyMac

KathyMac New Member

I’m new to this site yet I read your words and my heart broke for you. I lost my significant other suddenly 6 weeks ago. I had thought he would be there for me to help with the grief of other losses. Now I’m not sure how I’m going to do with those losses without his support. I wish I had words of wisdom I just wanted you to know I heard you and the hurt and grief are clear.

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  3. sue54

sue54 Member

I am so sorry for your loss. I know how you feel. I lost my dad. Then 2 years later my mom. Two years letter my brother. Now I am dealing with the loss of my daughter. It is so hard to keep going when you have so many losses. My daughter meant the world to me. I think about her everyday.
    But you have to keep telling yourself to keep fighting.
    Sue54

4. cg123

cg123 Well-Known Member

So sorry for all the losses you have suffered through in such a short time. I'm not surprised you are overwhelmed with grief. Both my parents, sister and other close relatives have passed within a few years. There is no easy answer in how to deal with such grief. All we can do is remember the good times we shared and know that they will forever be in your heart. I don't believe the grief ever goes completely away - it is always with me but I have learned to deal with it the best I can and my heart will always be heavy with all the losses suffered. Prayers for you to get through this and a big hug so you know you are not alone.

5. sue54

sue54 Member

I wish you all the best. I hope you will be alright. I will say a prayer for you. A loss is very stress no matter what happened. I wish you all the best. Just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you.

6. SusanMc8

SusanMc8 Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I have been crying a lot and it’s hard to figure out who l’m crying for sometimes. I will get through this - what other choice do I have?

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  7. CAS

CAS Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

8. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss. How true that we have no other choice. We are left here for a reason and one reason is so we can help each other in any way we can.
    God bless.
    Chris

9. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

We have also heard you Kathy and know you are hurting. We are sorry about your losses-this is a very difficult thing to deal with but I know you will get through it. God's support and love are available when there is no one else to lean on.
    Chris