*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

It's Winter in my Heart

Discussion in 'Finding it Difficult to Move Foward' started by Veronique, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Veronique

Veronique New Member

Loss. I've never truly understood that word until the day of my mom's funeral. I watched them lower her into the ground and then.... it was like someone punched me very hard in my stomach. I lost my breath, my balance, my strength... my mother. That's only when I understood the magnitude of such a short word. Two years later and it still feels like I'm back at that cemetery. I don't have to explain or try to convince you all how painful it is, you know and I'm so deeply sorry about that.

2. Sciguy

Sciguy Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your mother. I lost my mother suddenly in May.

3. Veronique

Veronique New Member

Thanks, my condolences to you. Mine died on the 4th of May 2016. Her death was sudden too. Sometimes it feels like that all over again.

4. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Veronique, I am so sorry for the loss of your mother and for the pain you continue to suffer. It is such a very big adjustment, trying to move forward without a parent in our life. No matter how old we are, no matter old they were, we've had our parents our whole life, and part of that loss is trying to learn how to live without them....and that's something we never wanted to know how to do. In some ways, I think grievers are doing better than they think as the time passes by, but there's no doubt that you still miss your mom as much as you did 2 years ago. I don't think time can ever take that love or longing away. I imagine those in your personal life have moved on and would have expected you to do the same. That can make it especially tough and so finding support from other grievers is sometimes the only option. I'm glad to have you here with us and hope we can be a help to you in the days ahead. You're not alone, we are here to help~

Kerry McKendall likes this.