*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

It's the Little Things.

Discussion in 'Suicide Loss' started by grak, Jul 18, 2021.

1. grak

grak New Member

Someone came into my work place and smelled just like her. It's the places we went to together that remind me of better times. It's the songs that we use to listen to or that she enjoyed. It's the fleeting moments of happiness and then the tsunami like waves of sadness. I miss my mom everyday and regret not telling her how much I love her. I'm trying to do things that I know she would appreciate. At times I feel guilty for not thinking of her as if I can ever forget her. It's only been 8 months and it feels like this grief will last me a lifetime.

2. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. Everything does remind us of the one we lost. You will be able to function again if you give yourself time
    You can tell her you love her by writing it in a journal if this helps.
    Don't ever feel guilty for not thinking of her--just thank God for a period of relief from the pain of grief and enjoy those periods of peace. They will become more frequent as time goes on, but as you said, you will never forget her.