*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I'm new

Discussion in 'Loss of Both Parents' started by Kara Haynes, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Kara Haynes

Kara Haynes New Member

I've lost both parents and feel all alone in this world..Awful I'll never get over it

AnnePenrose likes this.
  2. AnnePenrose

AnnePenrose New Member

Hi Kara - I'm new too and understand the lonely feeling you are expressing. I lost both parents December 2015. Dad after a short battle with cancer and mom unexpectedly a week later.

3. CJ Hines

CJ Hines New Member

Kara--I have lost both my parents as well. I have felt like an orphan at times, although I'm in my '60s. I know that my grief is not something I will ever get over. I have learned to incorporate that loss into my life and cherish the memories. I now lead a grief support group at my church and it helps to surround yourself with others who understand this journey. I pray you will find some comfort.

4. Jane d

Jane d Member

Hi just lost dad . Lost mam 3 years ago. I miss them so much. I have little experience of grief. It is very tiring . I feel ab

5. ReneeLight

ReneeLight Active Member

Grief does take everything from you, your energy is just drained and you can’t concentrate or make decisions. It’s been 14 months for me since my husband died. It’s getting slightly better as I can function again most days. I still have many not good days and feel drained and have lost interest in many things. It is a lonely existence, even when you have others with you. I wish you all the best. It will get easier but never back to normal.

6. Jane d

Jane d Member

Thank you for sharing. I don't recall this feeling when my mam died, it was horrible. Now they are both gone it is so final. Even the family dog passed away. Thank you j

Destinee likes this.
  7. ReneeLight

ReneeLight Active Member

I really feel for you. My little dog died about 2 months after my husband. Copper was older and had a good life. I think he did miss my husband a lot. He would pace back and forth in the living room. I was devastated when he died because I lost both of them so close. I kept thinking why? Then I started to believe that my dog and husband needed each other and they are together in Heaven.

8. Jane d

Jane d Member

Thank you so much. Y are so right. Rover our dog is with mam and dad. I need to start seeing the sun instead of the rain . I am lost especially on Sunday s I always rang dad even when mam was passed. Life is cruel . Look after yourself. I know y are . J

9. Sroberts

Sroberts New Member

Kara - I'm new to this site. I literally just signed up minutes ago. I understand the pain and loneliness you are feeling. I lost my mom to cancer April 25th and found my dad dead in his bed unexpectedly April 28th. I dont know how I'll ever get over it. I feel like no one understands.

10. Jane d

Jane d Member

Hi Kara so sorry to hear about your major loss. I lost mam and dad and our dog over 3 years. It has been a terrible time. Each day I. Feel a degree of less pain. Feel sad and lost at times. People expect y to happy. Mind yourself at this time. Do something nice for yourself everyday . Y are not alone. So many people were so kind to me . Do what ever y have to do to keep yoursel f happy. Ja