*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I miss my dad so much

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by Raychel82, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Raychel82

Raychel82 New Member

I lost my dad yesterday, from kidney failure he was in hospice, I just wanna know if the pain ever gets better? I feel like I'm dying inside and I panic when I realize I'll never be able to see him or talk with him again, none of my friends have gone through this I'm only 34, I should still have him...

2. PhyllisG

PhyllisG Active Member

Hey Raychel, I am so sorry for the loss of your dad. While it has been quite awhile since my daddy (that is what I always called him), it was certainly the first major loss of someone I really loved as an adult. I was only 31 when my daddy passed on his 60th birthday (September 3, 1995) of a sudden massive heart attack. I took it pretty hard because it was just so sudden. Everyone goes through the process differently, but I believe that people who are not able to live life to the fullest are somewhat "rescued" from any suffering they are dealing with, etc. No, the grief will not get better, but you will reach a point where you accept it and are able to deal with it better. How long? Who knows?

Just thought I would pass that along. Take care.

Phyllis

griefic likes this.
  3. Raychel82

Raychel82 New Member

Thank you for this I needed this!!

griefic likes this.