*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I lost my son of 38 weeks. I don’t know how to deal with the loss.

Discussion in 'Loss of Child' started by Amina, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Amina

Amina New Member

I lost my first baby 9 days before the due date. There is no clear explanation for what happened. My family is in Africa. My mother is recovering from a stroke and I can’t cry to her about my feelings. I am not sure anyone understands what I am going through. I am confused and don’t know how to face my loss. It’s now one month since we buried him. I stay alone at the house while my partner is at work. My friends are very supportive.
    I have so many unanswered questions.
    Please help guide me on how to mourn for my sweet baby.

2. SEK

SEK New Member

There is only time. I lost my Lucy when she was 11 weeks old. She was my first miracle baby. All I ever wanted was to be a wife and mother, but due to a sexual assault when I was 11. They told my parents and me that I'd never be able to have kids. Many years later to my shock, I was blessed with Lucy. We had a beautiful baby girl, but for whatever reason our miracle was taken from us 11 weeks later. My fiance at the time and I tried to make it through our loss together, but the pain consumed us, and finally tore us apart. Losing everything I knew and loved ripped at me daily. Some days I didn't even know how to breathe, not to mention if I even wanted to.
    It's been 6 years since we lost her, and just now got to wear I wanted to really live this past year. My baby daddy and I are still friends, and I've met the most amazing man, who has brought life back to me. It'll never be easy, there will be good days and bad, but remember as much as we love our babies,you know they love us too. They'd never would want us to give up, celebrate them rather they're here on earth or in heaven.

3. Txanne

Txanne Member

I lost my first baby, a boy, as well. That was years ago for me, but just as real of pain I'm experiencing from now losing my youngest daughter. I want to share with you something that gave me great comfort and hopefully will help you too. I would say I wrote it but all I did was hold the pen and the words were given to me.
    Although we didn't get the chance to watch our baby grow
    But suffered so much grief instead, it helps for us to know
    That he will never feel such pain, no harm will come his way
    God will raise him in the land above, with angels he will play
    No, he didn't even see this earth, but a better place he does roam
    For he was born to another world, Heaven is his home.

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  4. I lost my baby boy Percy at 3 days old. It was due to medical negligence just 3 months ago. I too had a hard time falling pregnant and I feel so disconnected from all my friends who were having babies at the same time, and more friends who are now in their pregnancies. I want to move somewhere else but we're in lockdown here in Melbourne, Australia. My mum passed away a couple of years ago and I am still grieving for her. You are not alone in feeling this pain. x