*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I lost my sister suddenly

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by beccagrace8267, Mar 6, 2022.

1. beccagrace8267

beccagrace8267 New Member

On January 19, a month before my birthday. I struggled with going to sleep more than usual and felt more anxious than usual. I had just been telling my best friend how much I loved my sister, she was my best friend, and I couldn’t wait to see her that weekend. Finally I fell asleep around 5 and woke up at 8. I live at home to help take care of my dad, and around 10:30 my mom came rushing home with the Chaplain behind her. Then he told us. My sister had passed suddenly in her sleep. It hasn’t felt real. I haven’t cried yet and I miss her so much.

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  2. Patti 61

Patti 61 Guest

Hi BeccaGrace, I’m so very sorry for loss of your sister, lifting
    You, and your Mom,Dad in prayer. Bless you for helping your Mom
    to care for your Dad. Loosing your sister suddenly was a tremendous
    shock. I lost my only brother Carl suddenly, during the very most difficult
    time in my life. God was and is my strength, I pray this to be for you and
    your family. Hope you will stay with GIC, talking with others here
    whom understand, is a great need, no one needs to nor should grieve alone.
    It helps to talk about our loved ones, I presume your name is BeccaGrace?
    Prayers for you and your parents,
    Blessings, Patti

Georgina78 and Chris M 2000 like this.
  3. CandaceLP

CandaceLP New Member

Hi Becca Grace,
    I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. I also lost my father suddenly on the 17th of January. I understand when you say it hasn't felt real, when it happens so suddenly its difficult to accept. I know that I have personally been struggling, but some days I feel better than others. If you ever need someone to talk to, don't hesitate to reach out.
    Take good care of yourself and your parents.
    Candace

Georgina78 and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear of the loss of your dear sister and friend. It takes a long time for reality to set in when we have gone through such an unexpected shock. Try to just take your feelings as they come and don't let any tell you how you should feel or act. The tears will come and then they will be hard to stop, so don't hurry grief. It is a heavy load to bear, but by the grace of God I have been able to make it through the suicide of our 28 year old son.
    Reach out to God when it seems unbearable and He will help you.
    Love and hugs to you,
    Chris

Georgina78 and (deleted member) like this.