*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I lost my mom

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by Gabriel, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Gabriel

Gabriel New Member

On December 6, 2016 my mom passed away while I was changing her. She was 88 years old and a few months earlier she was diagnosed with endocarditis. She received 8 weeks of antibiotics. Despite the antibiotics, she began to get weaker and weaker. She became confused and would not sleep sometimes for 3 days. We had to start administering powerful sedatives such as Ativan to help her relax. It was horrible to see her in this condition. She then would require oxygen too as her lungs became congested. I started to give her melatonin instead of Ativan but I'm not sure if it worked very much.
    I now visit my mom every day in the cemetery. I miss her so much.

2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Hi Gabriel - I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It is so painful to lose a parent, and it is often misunderstood just how significant the loss can be. If you haven't already, visit our blog- we have a recent article about "Coping with the Loss of a Parent" that you may find helpful. In the meanwhile, I'm glad you've found us and that you are reaching out for help. If you have any questions or if we can be a help, please let me know. Wishing you all the best~

3. Joanne Weinbrom

Joanne Weinbrom Active Member

Hi Gabriel, how have you been doing? I have been thinking of you. I too lost my mother 1 week ago. We were very close