*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I lost my best friend

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Jenniferlostjacob, Aug 29, 2021.

1. Jenniferlostjacob

Jenniferlostjacob New Member

I lost my best friend yesterday and am really struggling to cope. How do the rest of you get through this?

2. Jfer

Jfer New Member

I lost my best friend in April. I thought time would make it better, but for me, I just miss him more and more. Working helps me keep my mind off it but when I'm alone or at times I know we would be talking, I still get weepy. I'm trying to keep my heart open for a new friend but no one can replace 27 years of a close friendship. ..I am sorry for your loss and hope it gets better.

3. MBGF67

MBGF67 New Member

I lost my best friend 2 weeks ago. We had been friends for over 25 years. We lived far away but talked almost every day and texted and even had plans for me to fly there to her home for Thanksgiving. She was like a big sister or mom to me.
    I was the cause of the loss. I have panic attacks and really offended her during one - I don't even remember what was said.

I hate myself. And I have no help to offer you ❤ , I'm very sorry you're in a similar situation.