*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I KNOW IT'S JUST BEEN A WEEK...BUT

Discussion in 'LGBTQ Loss' started by Bross77624, Apr 1, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Bross77624

Bross77624 New Member

My partner Rick died Wednesday March 24th at 10 am. We met in our early 20's and and he was 67 (43 yrs) when he passed. Our life centered around each other...we believed that we only needed the two of us and did everything together. On the morning of his death, I heard his breathing change so I called hospice. It took them about an hour and half to arrive. This was the most intimate time I can imagine. I was laying behind him with my head on his shoulder. He was non-responsive but managed to slowly move his hand around my face and hugged my head, as if saying it's ok and I love you. I left the room for 2 minutes and when I came back he was gone. I must say this was, at the same time, the most traumatic and loving moments of my life.

I know it's only been a week but I've never felt so disconnected, lost, sad and I just can't believe he's gone. I've never experienced or anticipated this level emotional turmoil.

I miss him soo much and want him back. A t the same I don't want him to suffer...I hate Leukemia!

Countess Joy likes this.
  2. Sweetcole

Sweetcole Well-Known Member

Hey sorry for your loss. I wanted to check on you and how you were coming along.

3. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

Hi Bross. Just read your post. I am sorry for your loss. It is quite hard, isn't it? We care about you. Keep in touch with us. We understand the depth of the pain you are suffering. Chris