*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I feel so broken

Discussion in 'Suicide Loss' started by tonytee26, Oct 25, 2021.

1. tonytee26

tonytee26 Member

I recently lost my son and I feel as if a part of me is gone with him. I do have other children and I love them all so much I just miss my baby so much. The funeral is Friday and everyday it gets harder and harder. They say he shot himself but I'm not sure he was so happy. I just feel so empty now I just want my child back.

2. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry you have lost your son. Praying for you about Friday. Stay with us here.
    How old is your son? My son was 28 when we lost him.
    Chris

3. tonytee26

tonytee26 Member

Thanks he was 23. He gave me 2 beautiful grand children. Its just hard I just left the funeral home i thought I would be okay but tomorrow is gonna be hard. I just miss him so much. Sorry about your son

4. Chris M 2000

Thinking of you. How are you getting along?

5. tonytee26

tonytee26 Member

Every day is a struggle I find myself crying so much more over the little things. It's hard to live without someone you love so much I feel broken but I move on because I have other children. I move on because thats what my son would of wanted. Its hard but I'm getting up everyday the great lord allow me and I am moving on. Day by day. I really thank you for checking up on me it means a lot people they really dont understand its after the funeral that people need you to check on them. Even going thru your own pain your checking on me thanks for everything.

6. Chris M 2000

I am so sorry for the deep pain you are going through.. I am proud of you for trying to keep moving to help your other children. Yes, God has allowed you another day and He will also give you the strength you need to get through this.
    You are important to me and to God.
    Life can be so very hard and I admire you for caring about others when you yourself are in so much pain.
    Sending you love,
    Chris

7. tonytee26

tonytee26 Member

Yes I no I have to keep moving forward it just still hurt. We had the funeral and people moved on. It has been 3 weeks and the police have yet to talk to me. I want my baby stuff. I think I'm gonna finally get through the day and something little like the time set me off. I thank the few people that call or stop by still cause that's what's getting me thru as well. I no it will take some time. Thank you for everthything

8. Chris M 2000

It is so hard to get through the days and nights during the first part of our walk of grief. We miss the one we love so much and just want them back with us. 'Little' things do bring back so many memories. Just a smell or even something we aren't even aware of can bring us down.
    I pray you will continue to have people who care about you to stop by or call.
    Keep sharing your feelings here as you feel led, as it can help to have someone to listen to your thoughts and sometimes sharing those thoughts help you think things through more clearly. Everything is so crazy at first. It is even hard to think straight.
    Peace and comfort to you,
    Chris

9. tonytee26

tonytee26 Member

Yes thats how I'm feeling I can't be there for the children cause I'm so heart broken I feel broken and lost its like I'm just going thru life and it so much other things happening around me. One day at a time I am really trying. Some days are better than others I cry at work. The smallest thing remind me of him. Its so hard but I no I have to be strong for the other children.

10. Chris M 2000

Please remember: "God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in the time of trouble."
    He is the only one and the only thing that got me through the pain, darkness, and devastation and into His marvelous light again.
    I care about you.
    Chris