*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I am broken

Discussion in 'Dealing With Multiple Losses' started by Brenda Eileen, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Brenda Eileen

Brenda Eileen New Member

I lost my mother 5 months ago. She was my very best friend, we did everything together. I was her caregiver all of last year and I still feel completely drained and deeply depressed. I also lost my grandmother 4 years ago and I was still grieving the loss of her when my mom got sick. They both meant the world to me and I now feel completely alone. My siblings are very emotionally distant and don't want to talk about anything. I feel traumatized from all that happened last year with my mom. The worst moments replay in my head over and over and I end up blaming myself for what she went through. I have not been able to look for a new job because I cannot get control of my depression and anxiety. I don't feel like I can do anything. The light has gone from the world.

2. Aude

Aude Member

Hi Brenda, my Mom died on March 5th. I understand how alone you feel. It is so very scary, lonely and dark. This is a good site to find others who are suffering through the same grief. I recently read a book that really helped me. I got it from my local library. I will post a photo of it.

Attached Files:

3. Brenda Eileen

Brenda Eileen New Member

Thank you for the book suggestion. I will give it a go. I am sorry that you are in the same situation. I honestly just feel like I'm floating through life not really experiencing anything fully anymore. It is all just too much.