*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I’m new to this but I need someone anyone that understands.

Discussion in 'Dealing With Multiple Losses' started by FortheloveofAD, Aug 30, 2021.

1. FortheloveofAD

FortheloveofAD New Member

I lost my husband and best friend of 12 years on September 1, 2020 to murder. Then a month later we lost my sisters fiancé to overdose then my grandpa just passed away about 4 months ago. My husband was shot in the head in our car outside of our house. I had to tell them after hours of trying to keep him alive and after 3 times of bringing him back to just let him go that he had fought hard enough. That was the hardest decision I’ve ever made. I had to scrub the blood out of our car myself for hours and hours.
    Everyone thinks that you’re supposed to just get over it after a few months but you don’t. I don’t know that you ever get over it. I have no friends and just stay home with our kids. I have nobody that understands what I’m going through. I’m sad, angry and depressed all the time. And I feel awful for our girls because they have to deal with all of this. If you took the time to read this, thank you.

2. benekesh

benekesh New Member

I am sorry for your losses. (I'm sure you have heard that line before) God has given you quite the load for your shoulders to carry. I hate it when people say that you will get over it. My third husband just passed away this past October, and my brain understands it, but my heart doesn't. I feel blessed to have been loved like that three times, but don't understand that they were taken away. If you would like to chat, please feel free to give a reply.

3. lost76

lost76 New Member

Hi,
    I know you must hear this so much that you're tired of it, but I am sorry for your losses. Its so hard to make sense of it all. I am new here, and I don't really know what I am looking for but I want you to know that you are on my mind and I hope you are able to cope somehow. I am here if you need me to be.