*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Husband's suicide

Discussion in 'Suicide Loss' started by KassieB, Sep 28, 2021.

1. KassieB

KassieB New Member

My husband shot himself 25 days ago today. This is the most traumatic thing I've ever experienced. The night time just keeps getting harder and harder. I have 2 children but have never felt so sad and alone.

2. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

I am very sorry to hear about your loss of your husband in such a traumatic manner. We lost our 28 year old son to suicide. His name is Shawn and this is his picture when he was a little younger.
    Yes, it is very very hard to cope with. You will not be alone if you continue to post on this website.
    We care about you. Ask me any questions that are troubling you. Share your feelings as you feel led. It can help to process this tragedy.
    May God strengthen and comfort you.
    Chris

3. rush23

rush23 New Member

Kassie,

I am very sorry for your loss, I lost my husband the same way 3 and half years ago . My kids were 6 and 9 then . It was a shock for me to know about him through the cops when they knocked at my door. But I promise it will get better . The kids have so much resilience that they will cope with it. You need to take care of yourself first .
    I have no family here everyone is back in India but my neighbors and friends helped me to get back to life . Before my husbands loss 3 and half years ago . I lost my son because of SIDS while he was a month old baby . It’s been 11 years , I still miss my son and my husband but I am being mindful and living for my two beautiful kids who are my everything.
    I count my blessing and thankful for what I have now then what I lost .
    I started meditation and yoga to do something for myself.

hope this helps . Praying for you and your kids.
    You take care of yourself !!

4. rush23

rush23 New Member

If you want to chat, please let me know . We all are here to help you .

5. Patti 61

Patti 61 Guest

Dear KassieB,
    I am so sorry, my heart goes out to you and your children, lifted
    you in prayer, please remember to take care of yourself make sure
    you eat right., sending big hug to you and your children.
    Prayers for God to bring comfort to your heart. Patti

6. Patti 61

Patti 61 Guest

Dear Rush23, Your posting to KassieB of strength warmed my heart,
    also sad that you have been through great losses also.,sending hug to
    you and your children. Our love ones remain Forever in our hearts.
    Prayers for God to give continued comfort to your heart and your
    children. Blessings, Patti

7. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

Kassie B,
    So very sorry for the trauma you are going through. So very hard to make sense of it all at first. This time will be your roughest. If you can hang on through this time, God will give you the strength to continue.
    This type of loss is heartbreaking and harder than any other type of loss in my opinion.
    Our 28 year old son also died in the same manner. I cannot even now bring myself to describe it as you have. The torment and pain is almost unbearable, but with God's help you will be able to go on. He has helped me to continue when I didn't want to and didn't think I could.
    Please stay in contact with us here. We care about what happens to you and we understand what no one else can.
    Love and hugs to you,
    Chris