*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

How will I survive this?

Discussion in 'Suicide Loss' started by JessG, Apr 17, 2020.

1. JessG

JessG New Member

I lost my 13-year old daughter, Maya, two months ago. Today, we found out her cause of death was by suicide. We did not know her cause of death at the time, it was unclear.

I felt like I lost her all over again today. I am devastated. I have a surviving 14-year old son. My heart is breaking for him and for her and for me.

I do not know how I ever continue to live like this, I really do not

2. David Hughes

David Hughes Well-Known Member

JessG,

So sorry for the tragic loss of your daughter, Maya. Are you able to reach out to a counselor, a psychiatrist, or even another to talk with in person? This isolation we are in makes it so terribly hard to face this tremendous loss.

As you struggle with this loss please don’t forget about yourself, and your family. You need to allow yourself to think about yourself as well - getting needed rest, making sure to still eat. We are all saddened by your most profound loss. We are here to listen if you wish to talk more.

Take care and be safe.

-david

3. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

JessG I am so sorry for your loss. There is no good way to lose someone we love, but suicide will often leave more questions than answers. I'm sure your primary concern is with your son but it's important that you make a space and time for your grief as well. I'm glad you've found our site and hope connection with other grievers can be a help to you. As a helpful tip - sometimes commenting on an existing forum illicits even more responses as it notifies all those who have already commented. So if you haven't already, you can try that type of outreach as well. Please take care and if you have any questions or we can be of further help in any way, please let me know~