*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

First birthday without my mom

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by JennyA, Mar 27, 2018.

1. JennyA

JennyA New Member

I lost my mom to ALS in October. It was terrible watching her suffocate. I helped as much as I could but was juggling caring for an infant and 3 y/o. Plus I’ve been dealing with chronic illnesses that cause crippling fatigue and other stuff. It’s been a really hard year taking care of everyone and trying to take care of myself. My birthday is in a few days and the grief is hitting hard. Even though I was with her a lot during her last year I didn’t get a lot of time to just be with her. And I miss her a lot. And I feel like most people in my life (in my 30s and most my friends haven’t been through this kind of thing) don’t really understand how much pain is still there. I’m a SAHM and love being with my kids but so many little things make me miss being with my mom. And I keep having dreams about her dying. Just really want to feel better amd wish so many things were different.

2. Ryan

Ryan New Member

I lost my mother last month. We had been estranged a few years and I regret many things. I wanted to have spent more time with her.

Andrea Burgay likes this.