*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

feeling totally lost

Discussion in 'Finding it Difficult to Move Foward' started by brokenstill, Dec 24, 2022.

1. brokenstill

brokenstill New Member

will i ever feel safe again?

2. Sweetcole

Sweetcole Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for your loss. It definitely takes a while to not feel like your world has ended but you get stronger with time. I don't think we can actually answer your question for but I can say you're safe here. Its good to talk to people that have gone through the same type loss.

3. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Like Sweetcole said that’s a hard question. I hope and pray we all do get to a point where we feel safe again. I lost my husband 4 years ago to a very sudden and massive heart attack. Ron was my world. And I still feel he is. For me, I feel safety in the home Ron and I bought and worked on and raised our family in together. And like Sweetcole said this site is a safe place to share your thoughts and emotions. No judgement ever. We’re all friends. Visit this site often, read and share thoughts and stories.
    Sending you hugs and wishing you strength and peace. Robin

4. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

I am very sorry for your loss.
    Chris

5. JackieH1029

JackieH1029 Active Member

Tough Q to answer. Depends upon your life, your support system. But I think I understand a bit of what you mean. When you lose someone, you lose a portion of yourself. And with it comes insecurity and doubt if everything will feel ok again. I think with time we all build a bit of strength daily to face life and live life. The void created by the loss makes us nervous. We've lost someone we relied upon. In many cases for years and decades. Humans are creatures of habit and change rattles us. Death imposes extreme change and we all flounder before we find some semblance of balance. You're safe on this site and forum and feel free to share and vent your fears. It's ok to be vulnerable and simply pour your heart out if you need to.

Chris M 2000 and Rose69 like this.
  6. CatherineW

CatherineW New Member

I lost my husband of 31 years to a heart attack 4 Yrs ago and I still feel so stuck. I have bouts of depression and such utter sadness. I want to badly to have a partner to do life with. I’ve started doing storytelling to process and celebrate our life, hoping it will help me move on. I’ve also done EMDR therapy for trauma and ketamine therapy. I don’t think anything will help. :(

Rose69 likes this.
  7. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Hello Catherine, I am so sorry for the sudden loss of your husband. It looks like you were the same age as me when I suddenly, unexpectedly lost my C (he was only 57), also to a heart attack, three years ago. I know exactly what you mean about still feeling stuck. I think that feeling will just remain with us and we learn to live with it. Our life partners cannot just disappear from our lives just because they are not here physically. Similarly to you, I shared twenty-six years of my life with my husband, I changed from a girl to a woman with him, he gifted me with two beautiful children, taught me so much, made me what I am today, he lives in me,and of course through our son and daughter. Our soulmates will always be part of us, this gives me strength to go on, my C is guiding me and my children along this difficult path (a diversion, I call it!) we have been forced to take. Without his knowledge and wisdom which we carry with us, we wouldn't make it.
    Keep sharing with us Catherine, you will find great empathy from such friendly, warm members on this site, everyone has helped me so much, I'm so grateful to them. They are now my best friends, even if we are thousands of miles away from each other.
    Rose.

67peaches and BarbaraMX like this.
  8. BobGrief2023

BobGrief2023 Active Member

It’s never been the same because someone passed away.

Rose69 likes this.
  9. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

We can't possibly be the same person we were, when half of us is missing.