*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Dizziness and grief

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by cjpines, May 14, 2021.

1. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

It's been 6 months since my husband died. In the past week I'm experiencing dizziness or vertigo almost all day. I'm just wondering if this is a symptom of grieving or not.

I was doing better then everything seemed to hit me. The reality is almost unbearable.

I've been on line about dizziness and grief and it can be a symptom, but I'm wondering why it started at 6 months. I'm trying to drink more water and taking vitamins, but nothing is working.

Anyone else had this symptom?

2. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

I’m so sorry you’re having dizziness. I’ve experienced dizziness but not a lot. Just once in a while. I can say that maybe around 6 months the reality was setting in. My grieving got worse. I felt like it’s been too long and wanted Ron to come home. So maybe it is grief related. Keep drinking water as you know and are doing now. Try to find something that takes your mind else where. Anything to be busy but not too busy. Yard work, have coffee with a friend. Anything. Possibly some deep breathing exercises. If it doesn’t pass tell your doctor what’s going on. Take care of yourself. Your husband wants to be ok.
    Good luck to you. This new life thrown at us causes all kinds of life changes. And the pain can cause changes to our bodies. Be careful
    You’re in my prayers.

3. LinF

LinF Member

It's been a little over a month since my husband died, and I can't honestly say I feel any better. Maybe different, but if anything the pain is worse because I've had time to add the guilt to the process. I know this is normal, and grief has stages, but though I know intellectually what has happened, there's a tiny piece of me that every day expects to hear his ringer phoning me, or see him in his recliner watching tv. I've always been introverted, but this constant sadness is overwhelming. The online grief sites give me places to vent, but they aren't that active. I know people close to me are tired of hearing it, tired of me refusing invitations, but everything in this new reality is painful and I am not ready to deal with it yet. I've had the symptoms you describe, I chalked it up to my mental state, but I worry about something happening to me and leaving his dogs with no one to take care of them who loves them. I can only take one day at a time and try to have faith that the person he helped me become will rally and make him proud.

4. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

One month is not long enough to think you would feel better. I'm on 6 months and it's not any better, in fact the grief takes on new faces. My grief seems to have a mind of it's own, it changes all the time. One stage seems to pass and another one takes it's place. I don't know if this makes sense. Grief changes constantly. I guess it's called moving through it. I think the length of grief is different for many people, but for me 39 years of marriage and I knew him before, that is a very long life time and I know it will take me a very long time to feel better, if at all. God needs to intervene.

Can you ask your family or friends if they would take the dogs? It's an imposition I know, but worth a try to ease your mind.

I'm in the state of nothing to share or talk about with anyone. My sister wants to come and see me. I told her it would be worthless now, I have nothing to talk about I feel like a shell with nothing inside. I'm invited to a BBQ, I'm not going. I don't want people to ask me how are you doing? I have nothing good to say, hoping someday I can smile again.

Venting is good as you can see here. When I take a nap my mind goes to this forum and all the stories I've read. It makes me feel a little better knowing I'm not alone.

We all have guilt, maybe this or maybe that, maybe I should of done better, maybe, maybe. As I think about my guilt it's only me that suffers. My hubby is somewhere else not in human thoughts thinking about my guilt.

So, keep venting.