*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Boyfriend suicide, college student - 2 weeks ago

Discussion in 'Suicide Loss' started by AmandaPT, Oct 11, 2021.

1. AmandaPT

AmandaPT New Member

Hello, my name is Amanda and I am a 20 year old college student in her junior year.
    On Sept. the 21st, I received the worst news of my life when I walked up to my boyfriend's fraternity house to meet him that night, and I found cop cars there instead. I dropped to my knees when they told me he was gone; he was my best and only friend here in college, for I go to a school far from my home and parents.
    He shot himself with a gun I don't even know how he got. I am so confused and angry at him...mostly still in shock.
    I am wondering how to cope with my day-to-day and hopefully meet anyone who has suffered a similar loss such as this...so unexpected, sad, and just overall confusing...
    This is the first time I have even discovered there were sites dedicated to people in such terrible grief such as this so it's so nice to see that I am not alone in this struggle. Please reach out if anyone wants to talk or make a new friend, I could really use one right now.

2. Weldnh20

Weldnh20 New Member

Amanda,
    I'm looking for someone to talk with as well. My son in law took his life August 26th I've been filled with sadness, and anxiety to the point that I make myself ill. We moved my daughter and grandchildren in with us. The grandchildren seem to cope much better than I, it's been 6 weeks or so and I don't go a day without crying. This week I have an appointment with a therapist to try and help me manage my anxiety. I find it's much better for me to cry than to hold it back

Dan

3. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

Amanda,
    I am so very sorry to hear about your terrible loss. As you say, it is such a scrambled mix of feelings, and none of them good.
    We lost our 28 year old son in the same manner. You will be in shock for awhile because it is all too much to bear if we had to bear it all at once. I think it would destroy us if it all became clear at once.
    By the grace of God, you will be able to find a way to continue on. Please do continue to talk with us. Expressing your true feelings is a way of sorting things out in your mind. Don't hesitate to ask any questions for we understand the strange way things are going for you now.
    My heart goes out to you. We care about what is happening to you.
    May God strengthen you and help you to find a way to peace of mind again.
    Love,
    Chris

4. Lillymae2

Lillymae2 Member

my boyfriend lost his life to suicide i am so emotional mess

5. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

So sorry for your disastrous loss. Such a difficult thing to try to bear.
    God's strength to you.
    Chris