*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

All Alone

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by Angelfish, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Angelfish

Angelfish Member

Hi -
    I lost my father in 2011 and my mom in 2019. She was really my world. I have no one left. No spouse or children and because I relocated to be closer to my mom I have no nearby support system. I was penalized for talking about personal issues at my job so I feel so incredibly isolated and alone. I’m 47 but I feel like I’m just waiting to die. I don’t know how to get unstuck.

2. Jayz893

Jayz893 Member

Hi.
    So sorry to hear about you losing both your parents, how incredibly hard.
    I am of similar age to you and lost my Mum just over 6 months ago to cancer and can relate to some of what you’re feeling. Life does feel incredibly lonely and painful at times.
    I just wanted to let you know, you’re not alone in what you’re feeling.

3. gpb59

gpb59 New Member

I lost my father in 2015, my Mom in October of 2020. Today is my birthday and the worst day of my life. My mom was usually the only one to send me a card, and her best friend, but her best friend won't be reminded of it this year. I've felt so lonely since my mom passed but never as much as today. I really don't know where I'm headed. I imagined myself if I was in a hospital in the future and being asked if there was anyone they should contact. I cried knowing the answer would be no

4. Jayz893

Jayz893 Member

hi.
    I’m so sorry you’re feeling so alone today, especially it being your birthday. I just wanted to wish you a “happy birthday”. I think that’s when it’s toughest, on these occasions when those we love most are no longer here.
    Life is lonely and the future is painfully daunting sometimes. Here if you ever want to chat.

5. SarahIsh

SarahIsh New Member

What a difficult time to be isolated. When my mom died I had the overwhelming urge to pull away from everyone and everything. My advice is to get outside. I know it can be difficult if you live somewhere warm, but walks and a new puppy saved me. Although I don't recommend a dog if you weren't already considering a pet, I do recommend finding an excuse to get out of the house. A painting class or even just sitting in a cafe or park sipping some tea might help.

Patti 61 likes this.
  6. gscpapa

gscpapa New Member

Hi there,

You aren't alone in how you're feeling. Grief is already such an isolating feeling, but to lose both parents, can make it feel even more so. I lost my grandma in May 2020 and my dad in April 2021. And just like you, I've felt so stuck. Unable to move forward in a space where everyone else is moving at a pace at I can't keep up with. It's been small things that have helped a bit. Like making a cup of tea, or doing a puzzle, or taking a warm bath. But if there is anything you should know, is you're not alone.

7. Nthaden

Nthaden New Member

I lost my mom làst Friday to cancer. I also feel alone and depressed to point can't get out of bed. I keep my focus on God because I know he has better plans. I am sorry for your loss.