*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

8 years down the road

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Angierichy1, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Angierichy1

Angierichy1 New Member

I'm 8 years into my journey..I've tried every anti depressant under the sun..This lockdown makes things harder to cope with and I find myself turning to alcohol more and more...I don't like what I have become and I make no excuses for it..Life is cruel sometimes.

2. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to read this. Drugs and alcohol are the worst! I hope for better days in your grief process. Prayers for you. Peace.

3. David Hughes

David Hughes Well-Known Member

Angie,

I agree loss can be with us for such a long-long time. Some periods in our life can be so much harder than others to face. I too have faced depression and was treated. The one thing I take away from those days is loss can so strongly affect anyone of us no matter how strong you are physically or mentally. It is a period that makes you understand how vulnerable each of us is.

Yes, this isolation has taken us and thrown us all into an unknown time. One with no easy answers. No promises of tomorrow, and yet we still must all find a way to go forward each day. Each of us has to learn how to cope all over again. What worked in the past might no longer work, like all those outside activities might have been taken away. Those we love are secluded from us and so we are unable to interact with them. Sure it is nice to talk with them on the phone, but it just is not the same hugging them, kissing them and touching them.

Sure we might fall victim to coping via drugs and alcohol, but that accomplishes nothing more than abandoning ourselves. When you, or I or anyone else comes to the point of reaching from something that can destroy your life, it is time to reach out to others - by phone, by the internet, by any way you can. Just give in to something bad will do nothing other than slowly take your life away from you and any control you had over it.

Sure life can be harsh. The results can be hard to face. But by running away from life, trying to drown out life will be a hard road to come back from. But I also want to you realize just because you think you are losing a hard battle with life all is never lost. You may think you are not strong, that you will never be able to face life with courage. But I say, all it takes is that first small step forward, a baby step. Head to a church, talk to a priest, or call a priest, or a counselor or psychiatrist. If that isn't something you can do, then you need to talk with some other professionals to help guide you. Some things in life cost nothing, not a penny to receive help.

This bookmark https://afsp.org/ is free. Look it over. There are numbers there at the top you can call. Whatever you do please don't neglect yourself, your life is just too important, no matter what you think. Take care Angie, I and others will be here for you to talk with more.

-david

This is a song for you

4. Angierichy1

Angierichy1 New Member

I feel my loss and grief so much more when my new partner argues with me for absolutely no reason...like tonight..I'm spending the night in the sofa.. AGAIN..iv contacted women's aid and various helplines which have been true lifelines to me..thanks for all your thoughts and prayers..I realy appreciate the support xx