*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

13 years and still counting

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by guy, Jul 6, 2019.

1. guy

guy New Member

13 years ago i went to work a happy man i had a pretty loving wife of 25 years a smart good looking son.and a bulldog Duke.i always called my wife when i got to work when i talked to her she had a headache.i asked her she wanted me to come home she said no so i went back to work.my son called me two hours later saying my wife passed and he wasn't getting a heart beat i told him call 911 i was coming home.now i work in NY so i take the train to work no cabs were around so for over an hour i on the train.when i finally got home they were gone to the hospital a friend was around and gave a lift to the hospital when i got there my son was in shock i got the doctor he told me that he didn't think she would make it.i had her transfered to a better hospital they operated on here brain a clot burst they kept telling me she would all right it took four hours they told me to go home but i stayed by her bed for three days praying my family came but i would not leave her.after one day the doctor told me even if he was at my house he couldn't save her i flipped and wanted they brought me to lash out.after two days they brought me papers for organ donating no way i sad on the three day they kept taking the air hose off but she wasn't breathing on her own at 3pm the third day she died.for 13 years i have been so lonely and sad and can't move fowarded she was the love of life my everything

2. Angierichy1

Angierichy1 New Member

I'm sorry for your loss..I'm 8 years in and although my grief is no longer that raw painful weeping feeling it is nonetheless still with me..I have more better days now than before but the bad days are still horrifically agonizing..I really hope this message finds you having a better day..Angie

3. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

Every time I see a post from anyone who wants to talk about how they feel and they're many years farther along in the grief process than I am, I always jump to read it. I'm 6 months past the death of my wife Peg. We had almost 25 years together. I loved her so much and always knew, and even jokingly told her, please don't you dare die before me. I don't think I can live without you. So, to see that 8 or even 13 years from now I'm still going to have "horrifically agonizing" days just makes me sigh and feel hopeless. I hope and pray for better days for all of us. This is no way to live and I know I won't stand for it. I have a 32 year old daughter who doesn't live with me but is very good to me. I'm alone and she's the reason I live. Sad, angry, numb, hopeless, and autopilot is the way I go thru every day for 6 months now. Never happy. Not even one second. I need to do better than this.

4. Cora1961

Cora1961 Well-Known Member

I understand completely. It’s been also 7 months for me of just torture and depression. I am now living for the kids and grandchildren. Thank god I have them. But even with them , I have lonely depressing days. Just trying to put one foot in front of the other every day to get buy. I hope we all have better days ahead. God bless

Barry likes this.
  5. David Hughes

David Hughes Well-Known Member

Guy,

So sorry for your loss of your wife. I too lost my wife over 5 years ago. Some say those bad thoughts, those sad thoughts, those times will fade and time will help you endure time.

I am with you Guy. It isn’t a matter of when it happened. It doesn’t matter how it happened. It does matter what others think. It only matters what you think. There is nothing wrong or insincere from still having all those touching thoughts, some folks like you and I will carry them with us to our end.

There is just something about loss. Some of us are able to move on easier. Some of us will never be able to truly move on and accept a loss. When others are involved like your son, and my two sons, I keep them close, I worry for them as well more than I ever worry about my self. I can easily remember so much and shed so many tears, so I try to be careful who see me melancholy, too many careless thoughts by others sometimes, I will just keep so much to myself, like my sons do to themselves.

I love sharing this with others. I wanted to show you a video of my wife.

Please press the button under my wife's picture titled Play Tribute Movie

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/auburn-me/nadine-hughes-6409908

Take care. Be strong. Peace be with you.

-david

This song has stuck with me