*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

1 month and 1 week after my dad passed, I need to move on and don't know how

Discussion in 'Finding it Difficult to Move Foward' started by ems, Feb 27, 2022.

1. ems

ems New Member

My husband has moved on, like it never happened. I need to move on, I don't know how. I have a family to care for and this grieving process is keeping me from doing my job. How do you push through? I need my brain back. I'm an emotional burden on my family like this. I really would appreciate helpful suggestions. Thank you.

Tmcclain90 likes this.
  2. ems

ems New Member

Can anyone give suggestions for coping skills if nothing else? I truly feel alone and failing here.

3. Moon

Moon Member

ems,
    We all have our own way of dealing with loss. At times what seems like moving on is simple a way of dealing with the loss that our loved one has left behind. Death is not something many like to talk about or deal with.
    I can relate to you feeling alone. I joined this site to get help, to get support and at first I did and now not so much so I know what it's like to be adrift once again.
    as for coping, we all have different ways of doing it. Perhaps you could start a journal where you talk to your father and tell him about your day and what you feel. I know it may sound silly but it might help. I have allowed myself to feel the grief of the loss of my mother. I cry when I have to cry. I get angry when I feel the need for it and I just ride the rollercoaster that is grief knowing that it will come to level ground once again. It's not easy to grieve, especially when you feel alone. I can also recommend therapy or grief counseling of some sort. Perhaps express your grief through art.
    In my experience, you never move on, you learn to live with it until the day comes that the pain is not so horrible and that shattering of the heart becomes a dull ache.
    I wish I had better words for you, better suggestions, but the truth is that I myself find that I am floating in a sea of pain that not many understand that surround me. It makes them uncomfortable so I just soldier through and grieve in silence. Please know that I am always here for you. You don't have to be alone in this grief. Take care of yourself ems.

Sweetcole likes this.
  4. Hayseed

Hayseed New Member

It is very early to move on, it has been said before but it is a slow process. The size and intensity of the waves of hurt diminish with time - the wound heals but the scar remains. One tactic I use after the loss of my mother is the thought - I am half my mother, she lives on in me, I will make her proud.
    Take care of yourself, treat yourself kindly.

Sweetcole likes this.