*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Missing My Brother

Discussion in 'Suicide Loss' started by Kimberly1985, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Kimberly1985

Kimberly1985 New Member

Hi I'm new on here. I lost my brother to suicide about 7 months ago. It was the worst day of my life. He was my best friend, my protector, someone I looked up to my whole life. I don't think there was a day were we didn't hear from each other. Now that's all gone. I still can't get over it. I cry everyday. I try to be strong, but just can't seem to move on. I don't know what to do. I'm hoping to talk to some others who have been though the same thing.

2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Hi Kimberly, thank you for being here. I am so sorry to hear of your loss and all that you are going through. As you've showed, one person can play so many different and important roles in our life, that when they are gone it almost feels as though we have lost a whole community's worth of love and support. 7 months isn't a long time in the world of grief, though the people around us may not always recognize that. It takes a very very long time to even begin to move forward from a loss, and you will benefit if you can be patient with yourself and the process (easier said than done, I know). I hope it helps being here, and talking to others who understand. They can share all that they've gone through and validate the challenges you face. If there is anything we can do to help please let us know. I truly wish you all the best~

Kimberly1985 likes this.