*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost my mom after her long illness.

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by Clint, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Clint

Clint Member

Just need someone to talk to. I have no family. Please contact me.

2. Vana

Vana Member

Hi Clint, I just lost my husband weeks ago and I have no family or friends. Need someone to talk to also. I'm from Long Island,N.Y., but living in FL for the past year.

3. Vana

Vana Member

I also lost my mother after a 12 year illness and family members a few years ago and it is so very hard to deal with.

4. Clint

Clint Member

Hello Vana... so sorry for your loss I only know to well. I lost my mom last august . I was her caretaker for 16 years. Please email me. 1495bessemer@att.net.
    I am sitting here crying I shouldn't because its not what she would want.

5. Clint

Clint Member

Vana u there. Clint

6. Clint

Clint Member

Hi Vana so sorry I know what you're going through. I lost my mom last August. It hurts so bad. Please reply. Clint

7. Clint

Clint Member

Thank you Ellen. I don't know how u cope with it. I lost my mom last August. It still hurts. I still cry alot. I hope the pain will ease up.

8. Clint

Clint Member

Yes I did thanks. How are u today? I pray you're having a good day. So far today is better for me than yesterday. I hope it stays this way. I don't think I have any more tears to cry.

9. Clint

Clint Member

Yes you helped but right now i don't know if life will be good again. I hope so. I keep praying for a ray of light and praying alot about hope. I know my mom wants me to go on. That alone helps. I will keep on trying. Thank you for being here for me. It means so much.

10. Clint

Clint Member

Thank you. I took care of her for 16 years and I have to find my joy again. I completely devoted my life to her. I have hobbies that I haven't done in a while, so I think I will start doing some of them again. You inspired me. Thank you. You have been through more than I have, so I will listen to you. I have no one to talk to, thanks for caring and motivating me.

11. Clint

Clint Member

Hello Vana thank you for your thoughts. Yes it is hard. I was by her side for 16 years. Devoted my life to her. I hope time will heal me. I know she would want me to go on. It's only been 7 months so my pain is still raw. I miss her so much,but her quality of life was not good. She went to the hospital 14 times in 3 months before she passed. I was with her every time. I know she's better where she is. I have to adjust my life somehow. Thank you for your thoughts. I am also sorry for your loss. We have to stay strong. Please stay in touch.

12. Vana

Vana Member

Hi Clint, sorry it took this long for me to reply, haven't been feeling well. I sent you an email, hope you receive it. You were a good son as Ellen said because not many men would take care of their mother as you have. Hope your doing ok, Vana

13. Vana

Vana Member

I relate to what your saying, Clint. I feel the same and it hurts.

14. Vana

Vana Member

Clint, I was just thinking. If you have no family and need extra help, there are places here in FL that have group or individual grief counseling. I was thinking about it for myself.

15. Vana

Vana Member

Hi Ellen, I see how kind you are and how you try to help so many people. Sorry for your losses and the problem you had with your husband.
    I've been here on Grief a few weeks now just reading what other people are going through.
    I haven't been feeling well, went through so many losses myself. My husband wanted to come to FL since 2010. I finally get here and he suddenly has a massive heart attack on Jan. 31st this yr. Now I'm here, have no kids, no family or friends, in a state that I've only visited in the past. I feel so alone and lonely. My life will never be the same and I'm trying to decide if I should stay here or go back to NY. The last winter I was there, it was 19 degrees from Jan. through March. Spent my entire life there, thought the change would be good. It's not good when your all alone. So much for my theory.
    I just wanted to say hello to you, read so many of your wonderful threads on Grief. You are a strong woman, Ellen.
    Take care, Vana

griefic likes this.
  16. GretchenK

GretchenK New Member

Hi Clint.
    I lost my mom right before Thanksgiving after a long battle with COPD and dementia. I am just now dealing with the grief; I'm on FMLA leave for severe depression. She was my best friend and I feel so alone.
    Contact me anytime.
    Gretchen

17. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Thanks to everyone for continuing to reach out and support each other. You're demonstrating exactly what the site was designed to do, and I'm so happy you helping to create such a safe and comfortable community for griever to come for support. If you have any questions about the site or if there is anything you need, please let us know~

18. Vana

Vana Member

Hi Ellen,
    Yes, I read it, thank you so much. Wish I could say I'm feeling better, but I'm not. I would like to tell you a few things, will get back to you soon.
    Take care, Vana

19. Vana

Vana Member

Hi Ellen,
    Thank you for your concern and hope your doing well.
    I have so much to say, but some of it might not be appropriate for this website.
    I've been holding so much in me for so long, that I can't take anymore.
    The last five yrs of my husband's life, he made me struggle.
    Even though I loved, trusted, and miss him so much, I'm finding out more and more, he was not very honest with me...it really hurts. To make matters worse, I have one sister who also hurt me like you wouldn't believe ever since my mother came down with her illness. I cried when I read your story about your mother and sister.
    My life is now a total mess. FL and the Villages are not working out for me.... it's not the way I thought it would be. I don't know how to survive with such a broken heart and no one to care about me anymore.
    Take care and thank you for listening to me, Ellen, Vana

20. Vana

Vana Member

Ellen,
    So sorry your ex husband treated you like that! I am familiar with that kind of treatment.
    Before I came to Fl, my husband had heart surgery. According to the doctor, it all went great, and my husband said he was ready to finally enjoy life here. He came here full of energy and told me every day that he felt good. The truth was.. he was dying and didn't want me to know. He had a sudden massive heart attack while he was out 31 hours before I knew what was going on!! He came home and told me he caught a stomach flu!! The doctor that tried to save his life in The Villages hospital told me after he passed. I don't know why he took me here. He even had me leave all my personal belongings in storage in NY. He told me the night before he died that we needed to have a talk on Jan. 31st.. the day he died. I loved him, I was always good to him and trusted him. When I think back, he kept things from me even though he knew that honesty was so important to me! It hurts to talk like this because I lost him only 7 weeks ago and there are questions I'll never have the answer to...
    It's very late.. couldn't rest well tonight.
    I'll send you an email, hope today goes better for you than yesterday. Sounds like your ex didn't deserve you.
    No woman wants to be treated like that.. you were too good for him!
    Take care, Vana