*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I'm new here. I lost my husband a USMC Veteran to Suicide in March.

Discussion in 'Suicide Loss' started by Elenna VanMeter, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Elenna VanMeter

Elenna VanMeter New Member

Hi my name is Elenna and I just lost my husband to suicide in March. After 13 years and many many attempts he finally did it in March in front of me. I am now lonely and I live in Huntington Beach. I just moved here and I am lonely. I am also so messed up from seeing something like that. It has been the hardest time of my life. I had to leave Our home of almost 4 years and now I am looking for friends and people who have been thru what I have. 13 years my whole life revolved around Jason and I never had friends because of him. Now I am alone and lonely. I'm hoping to find people who have been thru what I have and would like to become friends.

Robin Franze and griefic like this.
  2. pasta985

pasta985 New Member

My name is Denise, I lost my oldest daughter August 5,2013, she was bipolar...I tried ( being an RN to get treatment, but she was resistant and her husband hated all doctors!) She was very smart, a lawyer with a 5 yo daughter. She discouraged me coming to see her, although I was already packed and ready to drive 6 hours to be with her, not knowing what her intentions were, just that she was stressed..I fought with myself about going anyway, but I abided her wish..The next day my son in law called me and told me she took her life! Maybe she had that intention and just didn't want me there to experience the act. I only pray she is at peace now, even though I'm not...I have 2 other adult children and just recently moved to be near with my son and used to having many friends and not working anymore has made it difficult. Life topped me with a brain tumor ( not cancerus) 6 months after her death hence I can't work)..nights are very lonely and depressing (son/daughter in law work all day) but I do get to see my grandson at least twice a week. I don't get to see my daughters child but keep constant contact with her by facetiming and writing letters.
    I too need a friend that feels the pain suicide causes, the what ifs, the whys the loneliness,

Robin Franze likes this.
  3. Hi my name is Barbara, I lost my husband after 25 years together to suicide I understand what you're going through he did it in front of my daughter and I was right outside the window I have so many woulda, coulda, shouldas. It was 6 months ago and it feels like yesterday. I've Been Told that the first year is the hardest the first Christmas the first birthday 1st anniversary I can only hope that it gets better for you you have all my blessings and prayers.

4. Shelburn

Shelburn New Member

5. Shelburn

Shelburn New Member

Hi,I lost my husband of 22 yrs to suicide 2 years ago we have to beautiful healthy smart amazing sons. Brad had struggled with bouts of depression on and off but for the most part a very happy loveing helping careing man He shot his self standing with in arms length of me our youngest son across the house in his room the oldest walking in the front door with friends. My grief has gotten easier I can talk about him and not cry every time I can laugh about funny things he did but I'm still so lost I can be fine on the outside but like I'm handling it but really on the inside I don't know what I'm even doing or who I am or what I want.

6. Angiex6

Angiex6 New Member

It’ll be 10 months next week for me. My husband shot himself in front of me. We have 3 sons together. I’m in the same boat as you and understand how alone you feel.

7. Angiex6

Angiex6 New Member

8. Angiex6

Angiex6 New Member

My husband shot himself in front of me 10 months ago next week.

9. Stacie

Stacie New Member

Hi Elena, I too lost my Husband 41/2 years ago. He took an overdose. I found him dead when I awoke. He was a veteran of the Navy, my Father recently died, just this last March also a veteran of the Bavy. I miss them and my Mother so much. I live in Morongo Valley.