*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I lost my reason.

Discussion in 'Suicide Loss' started by Colleen Rose, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Colleen Rose

Colleen Rose Member

My husband of 36 years committed suicide January 21st. A single gun shot to his head. I never saw it coming. I'm haunted by the image. I lost my reason...and I don't know how to go on. I don't know how to do this alone. We were together since I was 17 years old. The pain and loneliness is excruciating.

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  2. Vana

Vana Member

Hi Colleen,
    I'm very sorry for your loss.
    Even though my husband passed on Jan. 31st. of a massive heart attack, he was suffering depression since 2011 from events that had happened. I saved his life one night back then, but now he's gone...
    I know all about pain, loneliness and suffering.
    If you ever feel like chatting, let me know.
    I don't know if you have family, but if you need extra help, get it. I understand what your feeling.. I'm going through it too..
    Please take care, Vana

Colleen Rose likes this.
  3. Colleen Rose

Colleen Rose Member

Thank you for your reply, Vana. I'm also so, so sorry for your loss.

No, I don't have family. My life revolved around my husband. I do have three rescue dogs. The baby always seems to know when I need her the most or if I need the tears licked from my face. They are why I wake up each morning.

Please stay in touch...
    Colleen

4. MintyCrunch

MintyCrunch New Member

How are you doing today, Colleen? I have my rescue kitty in my lap right now. I picked her and her sister up from a deplorable rescue the day after moms second attempt in March of last year. She finally succeeded on Feb 14th. My girls have watched over me many a night as I lay on the bathroom floor, to traumatized to feel comfortable in my own bed. Too sick from stress to even keep ice chips down.

-MC

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  5. Colleen Rose

Colleen Rose Member

6. Colleen Rose

Colleen Rose Member

I'm hanging in there. Thanks for asking.

7. AA432022

AA432022 New Member

Hi Colleen,
    My husband hung himself in the garage 2 weeks ago. I have been with him 22 1/2 years since we were 18 and 19 years old.
    The future seems daunting and I'm not sure what to do or how to process right.
    I understand and hope you find some peace knowing you aren't alone

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  8. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

Minty Crunch,
    So sorry to hear that you have lost your mother to suicide. We lost our son the same way.
    So glad you have your little kitties to comfort you.
    We also serve the God of all comfort. Seek his support.
    Your word traumatized says it all.
    I am here for you.
    Love,
    Chris